From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-30 19:18:21

Deane Yang <deane_yang_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I'm sorry if I'm being dumb about this, but I've
> run into the following difficulty a couple of times
> with boost libraries.
>
> I've decided to try using the new boost iterator library.
> Based on the documentation, I think I want to use iterator_adaptor.
>
> But scanning through the documentation, I don't immediately see
> - what namespace iterator_adaptor lives in. I assume it's just
> boost,

Right. Everything lives in boost:: unless otherwise specified.

> but it probably doesn't hurt to mention this explicitly, since
> some boost libraries use sub-namespaces.

OK, where should it be mentioned?

> - what header file to include. I couldn't find this in the
> documentation.

Thanks, that's a known problem. Thomas, when you do the editing you
have planned, can you correct it? I'm guessing that sections like
"indirect_iterator synopsis" should be renamed, e.g.,
"<boost/indirect_iterator.hpp> synopsis" and we should put a namespace
boost { ... } around the header contents.

> I can figure all of this out, but it is helpful to have it
> specified in the documentation.

Agreed.

--
Dave Abrahams