From: Martin Merck (merck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 08:49:06

Hi,

I was trying the demo code from the filesystem library (searching for a
file using the directory iterator).
I noticed a strange behavior of the code. In the path I was searching I
had a symbolic link, which was pointing to an unexisting file. The
program throws now a exception with the following reason:

boost::filesystem::is_directory: "/home/merck/CVS/test": No such file or
directory

Here 'test' is a link to some non exisitng file. It seems logical that the
exception is thrown, however I can't garantee that there will never be
tangling sym-links on the system. I would prefer if the library would have
a option not to follow symlinks or handel this situation by itself.

Regards
Martin

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o Dr. Martin Merck o
o Institut fuer Theoretische Physik und Astrophysik o
o Am Hubland o
o 97074 Wuerzburg o
o Phone: +49 931 888 4933 Fax: +49 931 888 4603 o
o Email: merck_at_[hidden] o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo