From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-07 07:45:01

On Fri, 7 May 2004 19:00:37 +1000, Darryl Green wrote
> > For those that need something portable we should be able to
> > get microsecond
> > resolution for Windows, Linux, and probably a few more...
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Microsecond resolution on linux? What interface provides this? I
> have a linux platform or 2 that I'm pretty sure won't provide it at
> present, but probably could with some kernel hacking, if only there
> was some sensible interface to connect it to user space.

Sorry, I was thinking that ACE was able to get microsec resolution on Linux,
but it appears I was mixing it up with Solaris. BTW, this page might be a
useful reference:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__High__Res__Timer.html#_details

Jeff
BTW -- this discussion should really move to the dev list...