From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-12 04:56:52

> does boost regex support 64-bit for SunOS 5.8, HP-UX 11i (native
compilers),
> WIN (MSVC-6) ?
> we are using an old(?) version - regexpp version 3.12.
> Is it recommended to upgrade to the latest version ?
> Is it essential to upgrade to the latest version with relevance to 64-bit
> compilation ?

64-bit support should be fine in most recent versions (there was a 64-bit
related bug in one release, but I forget which one now, it was some time ago
now). However the compilers you mention are particularly broken when it
come to compiling any kind of vaguely advanced C++ : The sun compiler should
just about handle regex, as will MSVC 6, but HP aCC is just so broken we've
never been able to port even the most basic Boost libraries to it, sorry...
but see also http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg63570.php

John.