From: GoochRules! (goochrules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-25 13:37:24

> Unfortunately, this whole roadtrip started with the need for STL
> collections to cross DLL boundaries, which is why I am using STLPort.
> The STL that comes with VC++ 7.1 doesn't (with the exception of string
> and vector). When I built boost, I built it with the vc7.1-stlport
> toolset, and I have the stlport library directory in my "additional
> library path". Along this line, I wonder if I need to be doing
> something special with the STLPort DLL?

One thing to check, if you have the Platform SDK installed, you should
have a 'depends.exe' application... this shows you the dll an exe or
dll depends upon, and even which functions of those dlls are used.
Make sure stlport is one of 'em. If it isn't, make sure that your
additional directories (include and library) are **before** the VS and
PSDK directories. Note that boost will still depend upon msvcpt71.dll
and msvcr71.dll (when compiled with VS.Net2003, but it will use the
stlport dll for stl objects.