From: Mike Feldmeier (pooky_bunny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-05-25 16:31:04

>From: GoochRules! <goochrules_at_[hidden]>
>To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
>Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::thread, boost::bind, and member functions
>Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:37:24 -0600
>
>>Unfortunately, this whole roadtrip started with the need for STL
>>collections to cross DLL boundaries, which is why I am using STLPort. The
>>STL that comes with VC++ 7.1 doesn't (with the exception of string and
>>vector). When I built boost, I built it with the vc7.1-stlport toolset,
>>and I have the stlport library directory in my "additional library path".
>>Along this line, I wonder if I need to be doing something special with the
>>STLPort DLL?
>
>One thing to check, if you have the Platform SDK installed, you should have
>a 'depends.exe' application... this shows you the dll an exe or dll depends
>upon, and even which functions of those dlls are used. Make sure stlport
>is one of 'em. If it isn't, make sure that your additional directories
>(include and library) are **before** the VS and PSDK directories. Note
>that boost will still depend upon msvcpt71.dll and msvcr71.dll (when
>compiled with VS.Net2003, but it will use the stlport dll for stl objects.

Sure enough, running depends on the boost dll shows MSVCP71D.DLL,
MSVCR71D.DLL and KERNEL32.DLL, but no STLPORT!

I built boost with:
set STLPORT_PATH=C:\ (STLPort is in C:\STLport-4.6.2)
bjam "-sTOOLS=vc7.1-stlport" "-sBUILD=debug release" install

Is this not correct? I don't get any errors indicating that it can't find
STLPort.

Thanks,
Mike

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx