From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-09 04:54:23

> I've downloaded the new header, but still have the
> same problems (and a few more). Is a new version of
> Boost the only solution? Patching the compiler at
> present is not an option due to company-wide
> standardization.
>
> new linker errors are:
>
> ild: (warning) unsigned
> __unnamed_lRAFKAZFwAkvu::_re_get_message(char*,unsigned,unsigned)
> is now undefined but still referenced
> ild: (undefined symbol) unsigned
> __unnamed_lRAFKAZFwAkvu::_re_get_message(char*,unsigned,unsigned)
> -- referenced in the text segment of

../../../../packages/boost_1_28_0/sparc-solaris/libboost_regex_mt.a(nRUiCSue
MJkB7avZOQhG.o)

That really makes no sense at all, can you check the obvious things:

1) You only replaced boost/detail/allocator.hpp and nothing else right?
2) You cleaned out all your old object files and did a clean rebuild of the
library
3) There aren't any old versions of libboost_regex sitting around in your
lib search path.

Thanks,

John Maddock.