From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-22 14:50:18

Jean-Pierre Gygax wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble properly compiling Boost with the Dinkumware STL
> implementation (working with Visual C++ 7.1).
>
> The problem is that bjam always calls CL with a /I that pulls in Microsoft's
> include files first, so that they take precedence over the Dinkumware ones.
>
> This behavior seems to be rooted far down in the file Jambase located in
> jam_src. I don't really feel like fooling with that.

Boost.Build (w/bjam) doesn't the Jambase as provided by Perforce/Jam. SO
it would be pointless to change it anyway ;-)

> What can I do?

The best solution is to create a new toolset that supports Dinkumware
STL on top of MSVC. If you are really interested in this the best model
for this is the existing STLPort toolset. Look at the
*-stlport-tools.jam and stlport.jam files in ../tools/build/v1. [1]

The next best thing is to copy the msvc-tools.jam file to a
msvc-dinkum-tools.jam file. And edit accordingly.

If you want more detailed discussion for this the Boost.Build list. See:
http://boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#projects for details on access.

[1] It would be *really nice* to the Boost community at large if
DinkumSTL support was created, ala stlport.jam, not just hacked in ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything