From: Alexis H. Rivera-Rios (ahrivera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-22 14:27:34

Hi,

1) g++ is in the path. Doing the g++ --version
displays the version information:
C:\opt\boost_1_31_0>g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.2.3 (mingw special 20030504-1)
This is free software; see the source for copying
conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

2) Mingw is installed in the default directory:
c:\mingw

Does the fact that I got a warning about spawnvp
function when I built bjam has something to do with
this?

C:\opt\boost-jam-3.1.10>.\bootstrap.mingw\jam0 -f
build.jam --toolset=mingw "--t
oolset-root= "
...found 83 targets...
...updating 4 targets...
.cc. bin.ntx86\yyacc.exe
.cc. bin.ntx86\mkjambase.exe
.cc. bin.ntx86\jam.exe
execnt.c: In function `execcmd':
execnt.c:651: warning: passing arg 3 of `spawnvp' from
incompatible pointer type

execnt.c:682: warning: passing arg 3 of `spawnvp' from
incompatible pointer type

.link. bin.ntx86\bjam.exe
        1 file(s) copied.
...updated 4 targets...

I read somewhere something about different signatures
for the spawn function and this indicates the one used
by bjam is not the one that mingw supports.

Why would spawn fail? Is this an OS issue or a
compiler thing? Is bjam the program that fails? Or is
it a python script that fails? How can I trace this
error?

I really appreciate your help,
Alex

=====
Programming Tutorial:
In Python: To do this, do this
In Perl: To do this, do this or this or this or this...
In C: To do this, do this, but be careful
In C++: To do this, do this, but don't do this, be careful of this, watch out for this, and whatever you do, don't do this