From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-06-25 11:11:12

I decided not to use boost::filesystem, because it does not support Unicode.
There's a thread in the archives about it, explaining that Unicode was
ignored, because it was specific to Windows, and this is intended to be a
portable library. However, I think the developers have missed the point
that the Windows file system uses Unicode natively, so boost::filesystem is
not really portable to it. A more useful solution, in my opinion, would be
one that allowed the user to choose which char type to use, like
boost::regex.

Keith MacDonald