From: Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-07 20:46:20

I agree with the "nuclear engineer" that the "Getting Started" instructions
are a little confusing, but I think it is at least as good as (for example)
the instructions for MySQL.

There are a few things that are not clear, and I will post separate messages
for most of them. One little detail is that the the "Getting Started"
instructions use double quotes in the examples of the bjam options, yet as
best as I can determine, the double quotes don't work. In other words, the
following does not work:

    bjam "--help"

And the following works:

    bjam --help

It is true that there is an example showing the version that works, but I
missed seeing it until I began writing this message and the other examples
are confusing to the extent that they make it seem as if the double quotes
are needed.

So in other words, I don't understand why the double quotes are shown in the
sample uses of bjam.