From: Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-07 21:04:01

The definition of the terms "install" and "stage" is obviously clear to
those that know what they mean, but it is not clear to me how they relate to
Boost. I have worked with software for more than a quarter of a century, and
I have even developed a couple of software promotion packagers, so I do have
a basic understanding of the terms "install" and "stage".

As best as I can guess, an "install" would be a combination of a "stage" and
something else. So I assume I can do an install, but I might be wrong. So I
think it would help to define those terms a bit more for the "Getting
Started" page, for the benefit of all.

For me, I have a Windows system and I have downloaded:

http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/boost/boost_1_31_0.zip

I have unzipped that to a temporary location. It is not clear to me if that
will work. I am not sure if I can do an "install" and have everything I need
put in the location I specify for using Boost. If that is explained
somewhere then I apologize for missing it, but I think it is not made very
clear.