From: Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-08 15:17:35

Is there a description of what additional files need to be copied?

I used the following to build Boost for Visual C++ with Windows XP:

    Call "S:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT"
    Set MSVC_ROOT=S:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98

"S:\Software\Boost\boost-jam-3.1.10-1-ntx86\bjam" -sTOOLS=msvc --prefix="S:\
Software\Boost" --builddir="T:\boost_1_31_0\BuildDir" install
    Pause

That seems to have worked. Except I did see some messages saying some stuff
were not found. That is not relevant to this question, though.

I copied the sample in the Variant documentation to get the directories set
properly and ensure that that much (Variant) works.

So now (I assume) I don't need to use most of the files (in the "T:"
partition) that I used to build and "install" Boost from. However I see
there are some documentation files in the "install from" files that are not
in my installed files, so I assume I should copy the documentation files. I
realize that the files are also online but I will use the local copy that is
provided. Is there something somewhere specifying what else should be saved
from the "install from" files?

I intend to make the "T:" partition unavailable normally but I can keep it
so that I can get to it when I need to, but it would help to know what I
need to copy first. If this is not described anywhere, then I just want to
say that it would help. Until then, I assume I can figure it out.