From: Samuel (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-09 16:46:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 11:21 AM
Subject: [Boost-users] Re: RTTI for VC 6

> Touchy, touchy!
>
> It's no bother, and I love seeing that kind of suggestion. I'm just
> suggesting that you post it in a more appropriate place so that the
> person(s) who ought to respond to it can see it.

I am subscribed to too many mailing lists now, and I have been subscribed to
many others that I can't keep up with. Most of the messages in high-volume
mailing lists are not relevant to me so I waste a lot of time if I try to
keep up with them. So yes, I am very reluctant to subscribe to (yet another)
another mailing list just to post a message and then receive another flood
of messages that don't concern me.

The (main) Cygwin mailing list is an example of a high-volume list. I wrote
a few paragraphs intended to help other understand how to install it and I
put that in my web site. It was not my intent to leave it there permanently,
but the only comment I got back was that they did not want to have the
documentation spread out in many places. So experiences such as that has
contributed to my attitude.