From: goochrules! (goochrules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-23 17:03:18

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:32:14 +0200, Nicholas Cain
<nik.cain.boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I saw yours and Davids posts, and thought it looked the same, but then I
> realised yours was std::allocator< ... etc, while mine is
> _STL::allocator<... . I find that when I use the normal std everything
> works, but not when I try to use STLPort, so I'm confident I'm linking
> to the libraries, but they don't
> contain_STL::allocator<boost::function_base>
> I don't know if this is a problem in the way I built boost or STLPort,
> or with my makefile or environment.
>
> thanks for noticing though!
>
> nik

I've seen this exact problem on Windows, in various forms: basically
one of a) the application I was working on or b) boost was not linked
against STLPort, but with the STL included with the compiler.

To confirm this I looked at the dependencies of my project and the
boost libraries (depends.exe on Windows, "otool -L" on OS X, otherwise
"nm -j a.out | c++filt -_" and "nm -j a.out | c++filt-n" have been
helpful.

To solve this I specifically added the path the the STLPort includes
(.h) first in the extra includes list (CFLAGS) and the path to the
STLPort libraries (.[dll|dylib|so|a]) first in the extra libaries list
(LDFLAGS).

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- goochrules_at_[hidden]