From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-02 00:21:47

Phillip Seaver wrote:

> I want to switch to jam for building our projects and I was wondering
> how to handle building boost within those projects. Will "subinclude
> boost" from the directory above it work? Or will I have to use bjam on
> the boost tree (like a recursive make)?
>
> Thanks in advance,

In Boost.Build V2, using boost from your project is a simple matter of
saying something like:

  use /boost/filesystem : $(BOOST_ROOT)/libs/filesystem/build ;

  exe foo : foo.cpp /boost/filesystem//boost_filesystem ;

This will even automatically add boost includes when compiling foo.cpp.

As for V1, I'm not sure. I suggest that you take a look at the list of
toolsets supported by V2 at:

   http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/tools.html

If yours is listed, you might want to just try V2.

- Volodya