From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-29 12:40:48

Foster, Gareth wrote:

> I have a couple of questions, firstly, how might I extend the
> example for parsing C++ code for class names so that it
> records the line number on which the class is defined? I
> thought maybe I could extend the regular expression so that
> it has "|(\n)" at the end, or maybe there is another way. In
> any case I am not sure if that is the correct way to extend
> the regex and I am unsure how to check the regex_match result
> to see if it was a new line character I encountered or a class name.

Which example you're referring to?

> Secondly, are there any efforts anywhere to parse C++ for
> other keywords by this approach?

I don't know of any efforts going on regarding C++ parsing with the help of
regex (non-authoritative answer). But there is the Wave library (Boost
review is due shortly), which is a C/C++ preprocessor containing different
C++ lexing components, which may be helpful for you during writing a class
name extraction tool.

Regards Hartmut