From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-26 19:57:33

I have bit the bullet and am attempting to get my head around the MPL
library. I realize there is a book out by Messieurs Abrahams and Gurtovoy, I
believe, but I thought I would tackle the boost documentation first. A few
questions:

1) Is the documentation up to date ?
2) There are three separate documents to study, it seems, all giving
information about the MPL library, a white paper circa 2002, a reference,
and a mini-tutorial. Is the information in these in sync with each other ?
The reason I ask is that the white paper/mini-tutorial mentions if_<> and
apply_if<> but the reference does not mention them at all.Are they just
understood intrinsic metafunctions that need no reference, or what ? If the
former, are there more of these intrinsic metafunctions and, if co, what are
they and what do they do ?
3) A number of the topics in the reference documentation mentioned in
generalized overviews of the various sections have no specific links. Does
this mean that they were never implemented ? Seems dubious in a number of
cases.

I would seriously like to figure out how MPL works and play around with it,
but I feel stymied with what is in the boost docs.