From: Michael Starling (mstarling_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-28 18:37:05

Hi there...

I've been trying to implement some routines using the Boost library,
primarily with the excellent RegEx library. Everything was working well
enough in small tests, but when I tried running the routines on many
patterns, my program would crash (it performs various pattern matching and
search-and-replaces in multiple text files). I was able to determine that
the crashes came on the calls to regex-related functions (though it tended
to be a little unpredictable as to when, depending on the set of files I
gave it).

I tried changing my project settings (I use VC6, btw) to link with "debug"
libraries instead of the standard ones (eg. "Debug Multithreaded"), and ran
the program again, and everything worked perfectly.

Unfortunately... I don't want to have my program running with all-debug
libraries for performance and size reasons. However, is it possible to have
my link-settings set to use standard libraries as before, but for the stuff
that uses the regex library, to use a debug ".lib" file? Or... in the
'bjam' process, is it possible to say something to the effect of "when
compiling the regex libraries, turn off compiler optimizations", so I can
get a standard library that should work...?

Hopefully that'll make sense... :P
Thanks for your time,

Mike.