From: Foster, Gareth (gareth.foster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-29 03:24:05

Doesn't freshmeat/sourceforge give you that automatically somehow? I
remember seeing some sort of league table of the most 'active' projects on
one of the two sites, taking that figure is something that could be
automated, and so wouldn't go out of date, it might be a good start?

If the code isn't on freshmeat/sourceforge maybe the same thing could be
setup on the server where boost source is stored?

Thinking about it, you could probably list the number of hackers on each
project too, that would be a useful statistic. And what about bugs? Maybe
the number of bugs in the bugzilla database (if there is one) could be shown
too, that would go some way to indicating stability. And if there is an
issuezilla (like openoffice.org has) then that might say something about
completeness? The severity rating of each bug would be useful too ...

Using all this stuff in a clever way, you could really come up with a groovy
stats page for each project perhaps.

Hope these ideas are helpful!

Gaz