From: Timo Savola (timo.savola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-29 12:47:17

> I've just begun to play with boost for usage in a making my own GUI for my PDA
> (SimPAD), using AGG to render the widgets and Boost for the toolkit-type
> libraries (in place of the nice-but-GPLed Qt from trolltech). My question for
> you guys is this:
>
> 1) Is it possible to specify an abritray cross compiler for boost?
> - my build machine: Mandrake Linux 10.0
> - cross compiler: gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
> - installed in /opt/Embedix/tools/bin/arm-linux-*
> 2) Is there already a predefined cross-compiler "target" for jam?
>
> Or maybe somebody understands what i need to do to get it crosscompiled, and
> can answer the question even if im not *asking* the right questions. :-) Any
> help is welcome.. Thanks!

I don't know about Boost's cross-compilation support, but if you want to
cross-configure and cross-compile Linux software packages, you might
want to check out the Scratchbox toolkit at http://scratchbox.org/ .

I compiled Boost.Jam for Scratchbox and using it built Boost 1.31.0 for
the ARM/glibc target. It skipped Boost.Python because Scratchbox
doesn't include Python. I got the following results:

        ...failed updating 14 targets...
        ...skipped 6 targets...
        ...updated 2893 targets...

After that I built the date_time tests which all passed. Dunno what to
make out of the "failed updating" messages--perhaps something to do with
skipping Python?

(See http://scratchbox.org/contact/ for non-Boost-specific replies.)

timo