From: Arno Schäfer (arno.schaefer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 04:47:25

Hi all,

Using "regex_replace(string, pattern, replace_string, flags)" I got some
unwished results. I can't find out what flag set I have to use, that the
replacement string was taken, as it is.
I think this short example should make my problem clear:
Replace in a string all occurences of PATH through the actual windows directory:
   "Actual path: 'PATH'"
   with Path "D:\temp\rest"
   leads to the string: "Actual Path: 'D: emp
est'"
This show, that "\t" and "\r" was interpreted. For me that is an unexspected
behaviour, because the replacement is just some string, not more. I understand
that the pattern will be interpreted and controlled over the flags, but why the
replacement string? Can somebody explain that behaviour and show me a way out?

regards
Arno