From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-18 10:41:26

On Nov 18, 2004, at 6:49 AM, Foster, Gareth wrote:
> [...]

Very simple explanation here: my comments were about libsigc++ 1.2.
I've glanced briefly at libstdc++ 2 and was pleasantly surprised. I'd
like to look into it further, but do not have the time now. I've been
saying for a while that the Signals interface is not ready for
standardization because we only had the one implementation (in Boost)
and that it was not solid enough for standardization. However, with
libstdc++ 2 adopting a similar interface, we might be able to converge
on a single, solid interface for Signals & Slots within the C++
Standard Library. Library Technical Report 2 is open for submissions,
and signals & slots have been on the wish list since the beginning...

In any case, a thread titled "Boost Signals & Slots vs. libsigc++" is
treading on dangerous territory :)

        Doug