From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-22 08:02:16

On Nov 21, 2004, at 11:55 PM, Miro Jurisic wrote:

> In article <61CD5B44-3C34-11D9-9A44-003065D18932_at_[hidden]>,
> Howard Hinnant <hinnant_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>> I've just installed the boost library on my windows machine. I was
>>> using
>>> bjam with codewarrior compiler (mwcc) to build those libraries. After
>>> installation of libraries, I tried to run a "hello world" program
>>> with the
>>> same IDE (metrowerks codewarrior) but I couldn't make that work.
>>>
>> I'm not positive, but I'm guessing you're not set up to use MSL C, but
>> BSD C instead. In BSD C, size_t is not in namespace std (not sure,
>> but
>> this statement may depend upon your version of the Apple Developer Kit
>> as well). You might try starting with CodeWarrior stationary which
>> should set up the correct access paths for you. Your results will
>> also
>> depend upon what version of CodeWarrior you're running.
>
> Howard, I understood him to be on Windows.

<chuckle> Well, I did say I wasn't positive. :-)

Thanks Miro. Ok, let me try again...

> Error : undefined identifier 'std::size_t'
> (included from:
> cwchar:8
> localeimp:18
> istream:147
> niostream:17
> iostream:33
> hello.cpp:12)
> wchar.h line 25 using std::size_t;

This is picking up:

...\boost\compatibility\cpp_c_headers\cwchar

instead of:

...\MSL\MSL_C\MSL_Common\Include\cwchar

So it looks like an access path problem. Try putting your boost path
in your system paths, and after the MSL path.

Hope this time I'm a little more helpful.

-Howard