From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-24 06:11:34

>Upon linking with the auto-link lib file, I MSVC complains as follows:
>
>PSRecord.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
>boost::re_detail::raise_regex_exception(class
>_STL::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
>_STL::allocator<char> > const &)"
>(?raise_regex_exception_at_re_detail_at_boost@@YAXABV?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@@V?$allocator_at_D@_STL@@@_STL@@@Z)

>[ other unresolved external messages snipped ]

>dumping libboost_regex-vc6-mt-gdpn-1_32.lib generated by jam, I find this:
>?raise_regex_exception_at_re_detail_at_boost@@YAXABV?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@@V?$allocator_at_D@2@@std@@@Z

>which is the closest to what VC wants (I am attempting to link
>to an application using the Multithreaded Debug DLL runtime).
>
>any ideas what I am missing?

The version in the lib has it's std lib in namespace "std" rather than
"_STL", I'm guessing that STLPORT_PATH was setup incorrectly and so the lib
build didn't include the STLPort headers. Either that or else __STL_DEBUG
was set inconsistently between the two builds (bjam turns it on for debug
builds).

John.