From: gast128 (gast128_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-25 04:54:31

David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:
> No, it must be something else. Works perfectly for me, and I assure
> you that all of MPL was thoroughly tested on VC 7.1:
>
> code snip
>
> And of course, if I replace "false_" with "true_", compilation
> succeeds. Can you reporoduce these results with the same program and
> command-lines?

Yes this works. In fact it is the /Z7 switch witch triggers succesful
compilation instead of the /ZI we use (default for VC, if you work inside the
IDE). I get a 'deja vu' feeling from the days of VC++ 4.2 when some std::map
constructs didn't compile on /ZI while the same code builded succesfully with
less debug info (e.g. /Z7).

As far as the pp statements: I have seen the library and tried it
enthusiasticly. Unfortunately it were two days of frustration, and that
because of preprocessor failures which are always harder to track than just
compilation errors. In the end I could track it down that even a simple case
of using the pp wasn't accepted by VC++ 7.1. Of course I used the /ZI switch,
which we can't let go for the project, because it gives maximum debug info.

Thanks,
Me
(yes I can put my real name here, but I am pretending to be modest...)