From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-25 05:45:23

I inadvertently replied to the wrong posting.

John Maddock wrote:

> That's your problem: there must be one single rtl shared both by your
> code and the Boost.Threads dll: and that means using the dynamic C
> runtime.

That surprises me somewhat.
Explicitely:

mydll depending on dynamic CRT.

myapp depending on static CRT and depending on mydll.

You think this is not possible?
Just tried it. Found no obvious problem. Are there hidden traps?

If this would not be possible you never could write a self contained dll !
But I think I didn't understand your argument corectly, could you
elaborate please?

Hmm, when I rethink the issue the following might happen:
Writing a app that uses static CRT, then requesting for the DLL version
of a boost lib. Could it be that the autolink feature pulls in dll versions
of CRT? If this is the case this points out a problem with the autolink,
and has nothing to do with the unfeasability of the above scenario.

Roland