From: Michele Galante (m.galante_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-13 03:18:45

Kevin Kuo ha scritto:
> Has anyone tried and have succeed in compiling and using boost from
> the command line using the vc toolkit provided by Microsoft?

I do it this way:

set MSVCDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
set MSSDKDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK
set INCLUDE=%MSVCDIR%\include;%MSSDKDIR%\include
set LIB=%MSVCDIR%\lib;%MSSDKDIR%\lib
set PATH=%MSVCDIR%\bin;%MSSDKDIR%\bin;%MSSDKDIR%\bin\win64;%PATH%

cd <<boost root directory>>
bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" install

I have "Microsoft Platform SDK February 2003" installed in "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDK" and add the "bin\win64" directory to the PATH in
order to use the "lib" command which is not distributed with the MSVC
Toolkit 2003.

Note that not all targets are build successfully because some debug
runtime libraries are not distributed with the MSVC Toolkit.

Regards.

--
Michele Galante
Zucchetti Centro Sistemi SPA