From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-13 04:49:37

> > How about comparing address of thread objects (using the current
design)?
> > Will that satisfy your needs?
>
> It would, as long as I have the threads address available from *inside*
the thread.
> But to my understanding boost::thread::thread() does *not* return a
globally addressable object.

Yes, you're right. You can't really get a boost::thread form inside the
thread. To this end I suggetsed the
    bool thread::is_current() const;
member function which doesn't return a thread object, but assumes the all
you need to do with the current thread object is compare it to other
threads, so it offers a replacement. But until this is added (or the thread
library is completely refactored using other design such as the thread_ref
design), this is a problem.