From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-14 09:06:24

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 01:42:52PM +0200, Raul Huertas Diaz wrote:
> I think I have found a bug mixing together this two libraries in Boost
> 1.32.0
>
> Simply doing:
> #include <boost/algorithm/string.hpp>
> #include <boost/range.hpp>
>
> it's a bug because
> boost::algorithm::iterator_range<IteratorT>
> is redefined.
>
> I have attached a small demo program.
>
> ?Am I wrong?
> ?Is there a way to bypass this, apart from changing Boost code?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> P.D.: In case it is interesting, I'am working with:
> - Linux (Mandrake 10.0)
> - gcc 3.2.1
>
> P.P.D: Boost.String Algorithms is great !!!
> Boost.Range is superb !!
> ;)

Actualy you are right. It is a known issue. Boost.Range was integrated after the
String Algorithms and I was not able to change the StringAlgo lib to use
Boost.Range before the release.

So there is an overlap there.

What could you do is to not use Boost.Range version of iterator_range. Instead
of including boost/range.hpp include only headers that contains stuff you need
and use the iterator_range from StringAlgo.

I'm working on sollution and hopefully it will be in the cvs soon after the christmas.

Regards,

Pavol