From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-16 12:43:47

Gump Xu wrote:
> Hi, there. I am a new user of Boost lib. I have a simple question
> about installation. I've download and unpacked boost-1.32.0 to my
> Linux box. When I followed the instruction in "Get Started" to install
> Boost, I found there was no such a "bjam" binary file in my
> ~/boost_1_32_0 directory. Can anybody help me out? Thank you.

Before you do anything with bjam, you should figure out whether you need
to build anything at all.

Almost no one uses all of the libraries provided by boost (I'd love to
know if there is anyone who has actually used all of them), and most of
them are headers only.

Decide which libraries you plan to use and see if they require any
binaries to be built, either by reading the documentation or by asking here.

If you do need to build binaries, I believe it is explained in the boost
documentation how to build bjam.