From: M L (m68_1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 17:09:58

Hi,

I need to declare a large multiarray in a multi-class project, something in
the order of 10,000 x 300 x sizeof(a struct of 48 byte), I need to put the
matrix in a header file so that other classes can see it. would it be a good
idea to put all of the following lines in a header file? or the memory
allocation should really be done in a .cpp file while leaving a pointer of
some sort in the header? in other words, what would be a better way of
declaring a large multiarray in a multi-file project?

typedef boost::multi_array<xystruct, 2> xyType; //xystruct is a struct of 6
doubles
xyType xy(boost::extents[10000][300]);

many thanks

mike