From: Martin Wartens (martin.wartens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-18 10:00:22

Hi,
has anybody tried the implementation of unordered map that can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/jtc1-sc22-wg21-2003-n1456.tar.gz ?
I believe there is a bug in the rehash function of the underlying
hash_table. The new bucket indices are computed using the old number of
buckets. That means that the items stored in these buckets cannot be found
anymore later.
I checked my hash function and it seems to be right. The bug doesn't seem
to show if the trivial hash function that comes with this package is used
(maps val->val).
BTW: what is the reason behind burying potentially useful code in a place
where nobody can find it? (I mean the "yahoo groups") Is there still life
in the development of this package?

Martin
Sagen Sie nicht, wir hätten Sie nicht gewarnt!
http://my-mail.ch/?redirect=9901
Online-Gewinnspiel mit 1'000 Sofortpreisen im Wert von CHF 40'000!
http://my-mail.ch/?redirect=1779