From: Antonio Coralles (noche.suapie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-18 13:09:53

boost-users_at_[hidden] wrote:

> "Antonio Coralles" <noche.suapie_at_[hidden] <mailto:>> wrote in message
>> i'm writing on a programm which uses the boost date_time library
>> [boost-version = 1.32.0] heavily; while i normally programm in linux
> using
>> gcc-3.3.5 i also need to compile my program in windows from time to
> time.
>> because it makes life easier with another library [gtkmm-2.4.8] i'm
> using
>> mingw-3.4.2; everthing worked fine (my code contains about 10 000 lines
>> using boost_date_time) until i started using a
>> boost::gregorian::year_based_generator. while gcc-3.3.5 in liux
> accepts my
>> code without even a single warning [with -Wall], mingw-3.4.2 complains -
>> it seems that the compiler has problems with year_based_generator:
>>
>> calendar.hpp:60: error: variable or field `insertGenerator' declared void
>> calendar.hpp:60: error: expected `;' before '(' token
>> calendar.hpp:92: error: expected `)' before '*' token
>> calendar.hpp:95: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
>> calendar.hpp:95: error: expected `;' before '*' token
>>
>> here is the header:
>>
> ...snip...
>> maybe somebody can give me a hint - or maybe point out an error in this
>> header which is ignored by gcc-3.3.5.
>> thanks,
>> antonio
>
> I don't have mingw 3.4 available to me (I have 3.2). I do know the
> regressions tests are passing for date_generators and 3.4 though.
>
> Are you able to build the print_holidays example? It uses pointers to
> year_base_generators.
>
> It's in libs/date_time/example/gregorian.
>
> Bart

i'll try that in the next time and post the results of this experiment;
be the way, i've now compiled my app in win succesfully by putting
evrything which is somehow connected to year_based_generator into
#ifndef WIN32_COMPILE .... #endif. that isn't too bad for the moment,
because i don't use these methods by now in
other parts of my prog [except unit tests]. but sooner or later i will ...

antonio