From: John Eddy (johneddy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-24 10:34:55

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to have an option for which supplying
an argument is optional. For example, suppose I have an executable
called myprog and an option "o" that does something. Is it possible to
allow both of the following command line syntaxes?

myprog --o arg
myprog --o

Where in the second case I can programatically supply some default value?

So the first would instruct the program to take the action associated
with the "o" option using the supplied arg and the second would instruct
it to take that action using the default argument value.

I have been fooling with the default_value and implicit methods but
neither seems to do what I want.

Thanks,
John Eddy
johneddy_at_[hidden]