From: Le Farfadet Spatial (le.farfadet.spatial_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-24 11:18:54

        Hello everybody out there !

Hossein Haeri a écrit :
> Sorry, but I'm not with you at all. In fact, I'm about
> to give the same answer I gave to Yoann; BLAS,
> generally, stands for "basic linear algebraic"
> algorithms, and not for "basic algoirthms" of "linear
> algebra". Got the point? Am I right? Or, am I missing
> anything?

        I think you mixed up with LINPACK and ARPACK, which gives many linear
algorithms, just like comput eigen values and so on.

        Then, the question must not be : why is it not in uBLAS, which is a
reimplementation of the BLAS library. The question probably got to be :
why not reimplement LINPACK and ARPACK in Boost ? As far as I am
concern, this is a good idea and if the project is starting, I will be
glad to give the help I can. But this probably got to be debated on
developers list.

        Best regards.

                                                        Yoann LE BARS