From: Thomas Matelich (matelich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-28 18:12:28

Hello,

   I'm a little behind the times and am trying to port my old
iterator_adapters code to use the new library (1.32). We have a class
which is little more than a wrapper around a vector<shared_ptr<T> >,
and I am having a heck of a time with setting its typedef for
reverse_iterator and const_reverse_iterator. I just can't get
const_reverse_iterator to do assignment and comparison with
reverse_iterator.

I've tried to make indirect_iterators out of the native reverse
iterators, using boost::reverse_iterators of indirect_iterators, and a
number of more complicated combinations of the 3. No matter which I
try I get errors about the const_reverse_iterator not playing nicely
with the reverse_iterator. I think I've read everything on the list
archives about indirect_iterator, but perhaps I missed something. I'm
going to try my code on g++ (currently using VC 7.1) and then work on
a complete example, but I thought I'd throw this out and see if
someone can quickly answer it.

Thanks,
Tom