From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 12:55:21

Thomas Matelich <matelich_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a little behind the times and am trying to port my old
> iterator_adapters code to use the new library (1.32). We have a class
> which is little more than a wrapper around a vector<shared_ptr<T> >,
> and I am having a heck of a time with setting its typedef for
> reverse_iterator and const_reverse_iterator. I just can't get
> const_reverse_iterator to do assignment and comparison with
> reverse_iterator.
>
> I've tried to make indirect_iterators out of the native reverse
> iterators,

That almost certainly won't work, because the native reverse_iterator
usually won't play nicely with the native const_reverse_iterator.

> using boost::reverse_iterators of indirect_iterators

What happens when you do that? (code, error messages)
Have you verified that the const and mutable indirect_iterators
interoperate the way you'd like?

> and a number of more complicated combinations of the 3. No matter
> which I try I get errors about the const_reverse_iterator not
> playing nicely with the reverse_iterator. I think I've read
> everything on the list archives about indirect_iterator, but perhaps
> I missed something. I'm going to try my code on g++ (currently
> using VC 7.1) and then work on a complete example, but I thought I'd
> throw this out and see if someone can quickly answer it.

No obvious ideas, sorry.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting