From: Noah Schwartz (laze00_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-09 01:50:38

Hi,

    Im running Gentoo over here and I installed boost from gentoo's
portage tree. I then tried to compile a program that included
boost/python.hpp. It completely failed:

/usr/include/boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp:41:24: patchlevel.h: No
such file or directory
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp:121:21: Python.h: No
such file or directory

    Looks like I don't have some local variables set to tell things im
trying to build where to find these files. Im compiling this absurdly
simple program (pretty much just an #include <boost/python.hpp> and a
main that returns 0) using a Makefile. Do I need to export some paths?
If so, which vars? Do I need to add something to my g++ line? I've never
used python's interpreter in c++ and so im not sure what I need to add
to my Makefile.

    Sorry if im not being clear...its kind of late.

thanks,
Noah