From: Mike Lapshin (rewinder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-06 04:19:05

Hello Carl,

Saturday, March 5, 2005, 1:54:06 PM, you wrote:

> Mike Lapshin wrote:

>>But somewhere after it (i think it is in xml_woarchive destructor) my
>>program falls with "Debug Assertion Failed" (I'm using VC7.1) message:
>>HEAP[test.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 011B0000, 011F29E8 )
>>Unhandled exception at 0x77f767cd in test.exe: User breakpoint.
>>

> I couldn't swear about it, but that looks like there is a mixup between
> the debug run-time library and the non-debug one. It happens when you
> have for instance a DLL compiled in debug mode creating an object (new
> or malloc) that the application that has been compiled in release mode
> tries to de-allocate (delete or free) : it triggers those kinds of
> errors because the debug version and the non-debug version of the
> run-time use different memory allocators. So make sure your boost
> library and all other modules are compiled in the same (non-)debug mode.

> Carl

I have solved my problem - it concluded in Ogre (Object-oriented
graphic rendering engine) which I'm using now. Ogre has built-in
memory manager, and he using his own allocator (so it is like a
situation you described). Memory was allocated by Ogre's MM, but was
deallocated by standart deallocator (why? I don't know :).
I have turned off Ogre's MM and now anything works fine.

--
Best regards,
 Mike                            mailto:rewinder_at_[hidden]