From: Carl Seleborg (carl.seleborg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 02:54:06

Mike Lapshin wrote:

>But somewhere after it (i think it is in xml_woarchive destructor) my
>program falls with "Debug Assertion Failed" (I'm using VC7.1) message:
>HEAP[test.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 011B0000, 011F29E8 )
>Unhandled exception at 0x77f767cd in test.exe: User breakpoint.

I couldn't swear about it, but that looks like there is a mixup between
the debug run-time library and the non-debug one. It happens when you
have for instance a DLL compiled in debug mode creating an object (new
or malloc) that the application that has been compiled in release mode
tries to de-allocate (delete or free) : it triggers those kinds of
errors because the debug version and the non-debug version of the
run-time use different memory allocators. So make sure your boost
library and all other modules are compiled in the same (non-)debug mode.

Carl