From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 08:56:23

> I realize I have been a PITA over the last few days but on the off
> chance it's that there's a mail snafu rather than a moderation
> decision, can you confirm that you do, as your first aut response
> said, give a positive acknowledgement for declined posts? Or has that
> policy changed because of the weight of traffic?
>
> If I've crossed a line it might be quicker to let me know so I can go
> find another place to post questions.
>
> Thanks for your time, I appreciate the function you provide in the list.

Rejected posts are always acknowledged, and you'll usually get a reason as
well (don't post in HTML, don't post large attachments etc).

However:

1) If your messages are in a moderation queue (and they may well be as a new
member) then depending upon time zones and which moderators are online etc,
it may take half a day or so before the message is seen and moderated.

2) If you post via the gmane newsgroup then there is a delay before gmane
passes the messages on to the list.

3) If the list server is busy, or your ISP is busy there may be a delay
before the message travels through the list and back to your mailbox, I've
seen delays of up to 3 or 4 hours for my own messages to get back to me (via
the list).

John.