From: The Grumpiest Man You Know (mrgrumpyguts_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 00:30:21

> Rejected posts are always acknowledged, and you'll usually get a reason as
> well (don't post in HTML, don't post large attachments etc).
>
> However:
>
> 1) If your messages are in a moderation queue (and they may well be as a new
> member) then depending upon time zones and which moderators are online etc,
> it may take half a day or so before the message is seen and moderated.
>
> 2) If you post via the gmane newsgroup then there is a delay before gmane
> passes the messages on to the list.
>
> 3) If the list server is busy, or your ISP is busy there may be a delay
> before the message travels through the list and back to your mailbox, I've
> seen delays of up to 3 or 4 hours for my own messages to get back to me (via
> the list).
>
> John.

Thanks very much for the response Mr. Maddock, I guess I'll have to
keep looking for my problem. I was concerned when it seemed to be a
day or two of silence. Since you didn't tell me to bog off I'll just
keep hanging round and earwigging then. :)

Apologies if gmail is sending HTML, I'll go look to turn that off.