From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 16:00:45

| "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

| > no, I was going to find user's adl_end() function via ADL. So this changes
the
| > extension protocol
| > to overloading adl_end() from overloading end().
|
| So, how does that keep ADL from kicking in? It doesn't.

no, we want ADL to kick in.

| I guess the ugly adl_ prefix

do you now anything less ugly? It clearly states the purpose of the function.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=adl&Find=Find

| adl_end seems very likely to collide.

does it? there is always some suffix, like _end(), _begin(), _size(),
_empty().

on top of that there must also be collision wrt. the number of parameters.

-Thorsten