From: pps (i-love-spam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-14 01:15:10

> *fancy* handling for chars over 0x7F. The entire javascript engine in a
> static lib is less than 2M, so ICU seems a bit heavy weight for simple
> functionality. The only extra thing I want to add over usual
> boost::regex is to be able to use \xHHHH or \uHHHH and that it would
> operate on 16-bit characters.

Ok, I made it work the way I describe here - it understands now \u{HHH}
notaion and operates on 16-bit wide chars. I didn't touch anything from
c_regex_tratis. I only wrote myown char_traits and then
typedef reg_expression<uchar16, regex_traits<uchar16>,
BOOST_DEFAULT_ALLOCATOR(uchar16)> uregex16;
and struct string16 : public std::basic_string<uchar16, my_char_traits>{
... };
I suppose I need to overload c_regex_tratis if I need correct
reinterpretation for \w, icase etc for chars that are outside latin-1?