From: Carsten Tham (c.tham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-14 07:34:33

Hi,

i've run into a problem with serialization in combination with
static-libraries:

In my first try i defined BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the header-file of my
exported classes. It worked for the libraries but gave me linker-errors in
my applications (multiple defines).

I think the link-problems are due to some static functions, defined by
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT, therefore i moved the macro-instantiations to my
application, which fixed my problem.

If this is the correct way to handle the issue i would suggest to include
this situation in the docs.

BTW:
I want to thank Robert Ramey for this great library! It serialized my deeply
nested object-structure with lots of shared smart-ptr's without any problem
in all 3 formats and with very little work on my side.
Thanks for such a great contribution to boost!

Regards
- Carsten

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms