From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 09:05:09

"Ioannis Vranos" <ivr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>I installed Boost 1.32 to VS 2003 and MINGW 3.4.2 (got 80 failures for the
>second), and now I am trying to use it with both but the compiler's can't
>find the boost header files by their own. For example the source code:

> temp.cpp:1:35: boost/static_assert.hpp: No such file or directory

> temp.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:

> I tried everything I could think like adding the c:\Boost folder and
> subfolders in PATH environment variable, or explicitly #include the file
> with its entire path, with no result.

Boost is no different in this regard than any other library. You need to add
the boost directory to your include path, NOT your PATH environment
variable.

In MSVC IDE this is set in the project compilation settings or globally via
the Tools|Options|Projects|CV++ Directories entry. There are corresponding
command line options if you don't use the IDE.

I'm not familiar with that ancient chinese dynasty, but there are no doubt
command line options.

Jeff Flinn