From: Luigi Ballabio (luigi.ballabio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 03:52:25

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:03:56 +0100, John Maddock wrote:

>> i have mingw g++ version 3.4.2
>>
>> i got boost compiled and installed on c:\Boost
>>
>> my simple app does not link.
>

> This is a compiler question: you need to pass -lname-of-library to the
> compiler's link line, you may also need -Lpath-to-libraries, both of which
> appear *after* the object files on the command line.

Another problem (at least, one I had) might be that when passed the
-llibrary switch, ld (or gcc) looks for liblibrary.a; but the Boost
libraries are created as liblibrary.lib when bjam is invoked with
-sTOOLS=mingw. Creating a copy of the library and renaming it so that it
had the right extension fixed my problem.

Luigi