From: Bogdan Harjoc (harjoc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 07:31:46

Hi,

I've looked at replacing the pcre library with boost regex,mainly
because the C++ interface seems more usable than the plain C functions
from pcre.

The trouble is, I'm wasn't able to adjust regular expressions to the
format boost regex uses. For instance, while pcre and others seem to
like the expression "\?", boost throws bad_expression. The same goes
for "\(", "\+" and others I'm using.

So, I suppose the question is, is there a flag that can be set for the
regex constructor that enables compatibility with a certain regex
specification or should the regexp I gave as an example not be
accepted ? Any hints would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bogdan.