From: C. Michailidis (dinom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-16 03:11:59

> I think the bug might lie in the copy-assignment operator for CFXTrade.
>   std::vector<CFXTrade> may use that whereas std::queue<CFXTrade>
> probably will not.

This is a very keen observation Ben! Whether or not this is the case, it certainly is motivation to make sure that sample code posted to the list is free from all references to proprietary code.

In addition, I would say that before submitting code samples to boost-users we should make every effort possible to simplify the sample to the bare minimum required to reproduce the bug/problem in question.

We should also consider that by submitting proprietary code to the list, we may be in violation of confidentiality agreements had w/ our employers or customers. Remember, this list is archived and could (theoretically) be the kind of proof an employer/customer needs to fire/sue you.

After all, the boost-users list is about helping users w/ boost - not with 3rd party (and possibly proprietary) code. I think we all know that the quality of open-source peer-reviewed codes can be dramatically higher than that of closed-source; can boost-users really afford to help track down a multitude of problems in a potentially huge number of proprietary apps/libs?

Oh, and always use protection when having promiscuous sex!

Signed,
a hard-liner ;-)